HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Todddob

Please Clear Up Rear Sprocket Question 07 450

4 posts in this topic

I have a 07 450. Stock chain and sprockets. 12 Hours run time. 49T rear right? Want to put new chain and rear sprocket on, if I change to a 50T I will get slightly more speed out of 1st and 2nd right? I don't want drastic change, just a little more speed when putting around in 1 and 2 with the boy. Thanks for the help.

I have a 07 450. Stock chain and sprockets. 12 Hours run time. 49T rear right? Want to put new chain and rear sprocket on, if I change to a 50T I will get slightly more speed out of 1st and 2nd right? I don't want drastic change, just a little more speed when putting around in 1 and 2 with the boy. Thanks for the help.

adding a tooth in the rear will actually reduce speed. One tooth in the rear won't really make a noticeable difference, I added 2 teeth and can barely tell the difference in speed, it pulls harder, but it doesn't make the gears much faster or slower. Adding 2-3 teeth in the rear would allow to lug the bike a little more when putting around.

You will get more engine speed with the larger rear sprocket, but at a lower vehicle speed.

When you increase the size of the rear sprocket, it takes more revolutions of the front sprocket to produce the same number of revolutions of the rear.