HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TeamTech

Left side panel bolt wont thread...?

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I took my bike apart to do some basic maintenance and upon re assembling the bike for some reason the bottom bolt on my left side panel wont thread in! Now I have had the bolt off a dozen times and for some reason this time it wont go back in...its almost as if it had one of those cheap metal flanges behind the plastic and it has let go....

Anyway, I took a quick look and I dont quite know how to access it. It almost looks like its under my air box....has anyone else had some experience with this?

Thanks,

Ben

2001 YZ426F

its probably stripped, take a flashlight and look extra close. you will see one of these:

Product-2007122016753-l.jpg

you can get replacements at autozone if its stripped, it might just be slid out of the way so you arent catching the threads though