PW50 Rejet after Oil Injection Removal

My guess is running the pump dry will fry the pump over time. Just leave it alone, it works the way it's supposed to.

My experience from the PW80 is the most power to be gained is from limiting exhaust restriction and correct jetting and you'll swear you got a whole new machine.

What did you do to remove the oil injection? Some guys say to leave everything hooked up, and just run premixed gas in the oil jug. Is that safe? Could it eventually trash the pump, or no?

You can remove the pump and take the pump drive gear off the shaft. Then the pump just acts as a plug in the hole.

bb

Speaking theoretically, all of the jets would need to be bigger because the oil will be displacing about 2-1/2% of the gasoline. In practice, I think the pw is rich in the main jet department from the factory, so you would probably only have to increase the pilot jet size. That would go along with your saying that it runs better (leaned out the air/fuel mixture where it needed to be leaned out) but won't idle (leaned out the idle too much).

Clean out the exhaust and dremel out any excess welds/material in the head pipe and open the air box by removing the snorkel. There's more where the top end rebuild came from.

This will make the pilot jet lean condition worse. You can try richening the idle fuel screw, but it may not be enough.

I'm sure that really sucked the power down. Also check the silencer/spark arrester as that's a good place for the same stuff to build up. Don't go hacking on that though.

In the near future (two weeks?) I'll have a better low cost silencer mod that doesn't destroy the factory parts, it should work on any of the 2t kiddie bikes, cost is around $10 and about 45 minutes of work, compared to the after market silencers that are going to be $80-100 and a half-hours work.

You can put lighter springs in and it will engage sooner than stock. But not too light or it may be engaged at idle. Your daughter may prefer that.