Best Tires for Woods/Mud?

Hey guys, I was wondering what you tires you guys like best for woods/mud. I generally ride some pretty tight stuff around here. Where Im at is flat as a board too, so I usually end up in some sort of marsh, stuck as s*%&. Id like to try and make it a little better. Im not sure what I have on there now.

Also, whats the biggest tire I can fit on the rear? Thanks alot.

About my favorite soft terrain tire is the Michelin S-12 on the back and either an S-12 or an M-12 up front. The M-12 front works well pretty much everywhere and holds up better than the S-12 front which tends to chunk.

For the S-12 rear they make a 140 width size which is the same as all other manufacturer's 120 width...not sure why Michelin doesn't follow the industry size standards.

S12. Definitely.

IRC's m5b for the rear. Gnarly knobs, lasts a long time. The next step would be a paddle tire. You can fit an IRC 140, but the 130 is plenty big.

another :p for the s-12.sweet tire for the mud.Don't forget the ol' standby dunlop 756 too,great all around tire(especially for the woods:banana: ) and it lasts a little longer:thumbsup: than a s-12

Maxxis IS works good for alot of different conditions.

another :p for the s-12.sweet tire for the mud.Don't forget the ol' standby dunlop 756 too,great all around tire(especially for the woods:banana: ) and it lasts a little longer:thumbsup: than a s-12

I've actually had to opposite experience. I've got three races on my new s-12 and no wear at all. I found that my 756's were wearing pretty quick but hooked up well when new. Just my experience. I'd go with the s-12 myself.

756 are being replaced my the MX51 anyways the 756 is junk IMHO