jammed starter and kicker 06wr450f

I have an 06 wr450f witch has about 12 hours on it witch I purchased new last summer. It has developed a little glitch lately? 3 times I have had to give the bike a push while it was in gear to get the starter or the kick starter to work, Its like the motor has siezed untill I give it push while in gear. Any ideas, I am about to do a valve check,

While you are doing the valve check make sure the autodecompressor mechanism is stil working freely. It sounds like a bike that has alot of sitting time on it and the components may be tuck. WR Dave

My 05 does the same thing. Sometimes when I try to start it, I can't kick it over or turn it over with electric start. If I put it in gear and rock it back and fourth then I try to start it will start. Is this common? :p

Singletrak

my 08 does the same thing... i think its sorta common.

cheers

Warts

While you are doing the valve check make sure the autodecompressor mechanism is stil working freely. It sounds like a bike that has alot of sitting time on it and the components may be tuck. WR Dave

Thanks wr Dave //// Ya, the bike has been sitting since last sept. broke my foot on a 4th gear wheelie and I flipped, lost my mx boots the weekend before and was only wearing work shoes, I was on a dirt road sliding on my butt, things where starting to get hot so I put my feet down and started to slide on my back(chest protector). When I stopped I notice that my shoes had fallen off?? 14-09-08_1927.jpg14-09-08_1928.jpg

My Eyes... Argh!!!!

oops,

sorry that had to happen... still tho could have been alot worse :p

cheers

Warts