Gray Need Help 01 426 hot cams

recheck your valves, sounds like one or more is to tight

recheck your valves, sounds like one or more is to tight

valves in spec

Timing looks fine.

thanks

I guess something is wrong with the exhaust cam....:p

i put the original back in place and the bike runs fine

Describe how you attempt to start the bike with the auto-decomp cam.

i tried using the old method...meaning on the compression push about 1 inch pass move the kick to the top and give it a good kick

I also tried kicking from the top on the compression stroke

I am wondering if something is wrong with the decomp exhaust cam

Still no luck? That sucks. I just did the same mod (among other things) and am having some similar problems myself. Although, I think my problems are more due to something I missed that anything else. :p

I'd love to hear what you do to finally get it going.

i tried using the old method...meaning on the compression push about 1 inch pass move the kick to the top and give it a good kick

That's what I thought. That's where most people make their mistake when they first move to AD cams. DO NOT push past compression. Push up against it, reset the lever to the top, and kick it right from that point.
That's what I thought. That's where most people make their mistake when they first move to AD cams. DO NOT push past compression. Push up against it, reset the lever to the top, and kick it right from that point.

yep i tried both methods

every once in a while the bike would backfire

still no start....until i put the original cams back in

Cams look like they are timed correctly in relation to each other but that does not mean they are correctly timed to the crank. Once you said it backfired made me suspicious. Also, did you check the lash – though this is rarely a problem as the base circles should be identical to the OEM? Make sure you are not hanging up a valve. I did not read all of the previous post so if these ideas have already been suggested – sorry!

Cams look like they are timed correctly in relation to each other but that does not mean they are correctly timed to the crank. Once you said it backfired made me suspicious. Also, did you check the lash – though this is rarely a problem as the base circles should be identical to the OEM? Make sure you are not hanging up a valve. I did not read all of the previous post so if these ideas have already been suggested – sorry!

align TDC 2 methods.

1. timing marks

2. screw driver in the spark plug