01 WR 426 Steering damper advice.

Hi, I have a 01 WR 426 and am looking for steering damper suggestions.

This bike is different because of the oil fill bung on the frame right by the handlebar.

If anyone has pics, that would be great.

Also, if anyone wants to sell a setup that you had on a bike you owned, I might be interested in that.

Cheers!

Here are a few pics of my 02 WR426 with a GPR stabilizer V-2 with sub mount and new triple clamp. You can also go to my garage for more pics. Hope this helps.

0421075.jpg

0421074.jpg

0421073.jpg

THAT my friend is a tight setup!

Man, 650 bucks or so right? Looks like I am going to have to wait until next spring...Luckily it is my riding buddies primarily on the WR. I ride the KX 500 and just welded my Scotts on that one...

GPR looks like a great setup! Nice bike and thanks for the pics!

I ran a scotts weld-on tower on my 01. It fit perfectly, no pics because I no longer own that bike.

Scotts on a 02 wr. I little tight getting the dip stick in and out but do-able.

wr426new004.jpg

Here's my 02' 426 with the BRP Sub Mount & Scotts Stabilizer. The install was easy and there were no problems with the oil filler. It is a little harder to check the oil now between the Scotts and the Clarke tank but it was well worth it. I really like the Sub Mount because it is out of the way and the bar position is better.

WR426001.jpg

WR426002.jpg

WR426003-1.jpg

Sorry, this picture doesn't really help with the stabilizer but I thought it looked cool! !!

SDC10219.jpg

Dog, that looks like the ticket! No welding, nice install. I have pro tapers on the bike now. I will have to look at the triple clamp tomorrow.

And that is a great looking WR! Ever ride Jawbone?

Cheers!

Dog, that looks like the ticket! No welding, nice install. I have pro tapers on the bike now. I will have to look at the triple clamp tomorrow.

And that is a great looking WR! Ever ride Jawbone?

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliments. I ride Jawbone/Dove Springs and Cal City all the time:thumbsup: . In fact, the last pic was taken at Dove Springs Presidents weekend of this year.

If you go for the submount setup you will need to go with a new tripple clamp because the stock one has the bar mounts cast into the clamp. Even the the BRP setup was expensive I would do it again. I called them a few times with questions before I finally cut loose the funds and they were very helpful. http://www.brpmoto.com/ The machine work on their tripple clamps and bar mounts is great and everything fit right up. You will not regret putting the Scotts on your bike. I ride mostly desert and this upgrade along with the suspension revalve have completely changed the way this bike handles. Good luck!!!!:p:lol: