new to 4 stroke..06 yz450

just traded my 2 smoke for a yz450.

gew questions..

it has a white brother exhaust system. i notice when i give it some gas ,sometimes i see a blueish flame shoot out the end.also,when i ride it,say 2nd or 3 gear ,and let off the gas,i get a pop or backfire sound from it? is any of this normal?also i sometimes see blackish smoke when i rev it up,like to much fuel?the guy said i he changed the jetting and the needle position, but i havent been into it yet or know what setup to run. thanks

It's a little on the rich side... nothing to worry... The flame is normal. My WR450 sometimes pop ups 1 foot flames when riding at night. The pops could indicate a lean condition... but you say that you see black smoke when revving it... it's contradictory...

BTW Nice looking bike, congrats!!!

popping usually means lean...180 main and 48 pilot...granted my bike had a stock pipe, but the stocker is 06 was damn near wide open anyway, and with those specs i got no popping, acceleration was greatly improved, throttle response seemed better, and last but not least...the bike would start!!! with the stock jetting i had the worst time getting that bike fired up...