HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pink63impala

new to 4 stroke..06 yz450

9 posts in this topic

just traded my 2 smoke for a yz450.

gew questions..

it has a white brother exhaust system. i notice when i give it some gas ,sometimes i see a blueish flame shoot out the end.also,when i ride it,say 2nd or 3 gear ,and let off the gas,i get a pop or backfire sound from it? is any of this normal?also i sometimes see blackish smoke when i rev it up,like to much fuel?the guy said i he changed the jetting and the needle position, but i havent been into it yet or know what setup to run. thanks

It's a little on the rich side... nothing to worry... The flame is normal. My WR450 sometimes pop ups 1 foot flames when riding at night. The pops could indicate a lean condition... but you say that you see black smoke when revving it... it's contradictory...

BTW Nice looking bike, congrats!!!

on my dads 06 yz450 , we put a 45 pilot and a 170 main and moved the needle clip to the 4th one no more popping or backfire

popping usually means lean...180 main and 48 pilot...granted my bike had a stock pipe, but the stocker is 06 was damn near wide open anyway, and with those specs i got no popping, acceleration was greatly improved, throttle response seemed better, and last but not least...the bike would start!!! with the stock jetting i had the worst time getting that bike fired up...

Nice bike. You made a good choice. Our bikes take a pounding and last. I dont think you'll be sorry.

I own two '06's, and a 180 is way too big unless you're maybe ice racing at sea level. I run a 168 with DRD exhausts from sea level (and below, actually) to 3500 feet with no problem.