HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaySlowWhitey

Skid Plate - '06 YZ450

13 posts in this topic

I just got rid of my CRF and am picking up an '06 450. I'm looking for something that covers both the water and oil pump as opposed to a glide plate. Anyone have any recommendations?

The Devol is pretty cost effective, and seems to work. Similar to the Scorpion , although the Scorpion looks to wrap farther over the sides.

:p

I also have the Devol skid plate on my '06 and it has had a tough life these last 14 months. No complaints.

Ive used the Devol stuff on my Hondas and currently have their rad guards on my 08 YZ, OK stuff for the price. I have GYTRs skidplate on my YZ right now and it gives good protection, but that Scorpion piece looks far tougher and has way more wrap up the sides. Like the way it uses the upper motor mounts too although I doubt its necassary. Overall that Scorpian looks like a nice piece for the price. Whats that drip on the rad guard? Coolant?

Ive used the Devol stuff on my Hondas and currently have their rad guards on my 08 YZ, OK stuff for the price. I have GYTRs skidplate on my YZ right now and it gives good protection, but that Scorpion piece looks far tougher and has way more wrap up the sides. Like the way it uses the upper motor mounts too although I doubt its necassary. Overall that Scorpian looks like a nice piece for the price. Whats that drip on the rad guard? Coolant?

brake fluid.

the thing i like the most about the scorpion is the silent!!

no noise what so ever, and i didnt even put the velcro stips it came with. :p

I've got the Devol on my '06 and am very happy with it.

Aside from off-road, I also use this bike for MX, Sand Dunes, and Supermoto and the Devol skid plate doesn't look/seem out of place at any of those outings.

Dave

yup i got the same skid plate and let me tell you its thebest skid plate i ever bought.. it covers everything soo good and it looks clean too..

the only thing is if you have a aftermarket header like me ( dr.d then your going to have the trime the skidplate about a 1/4 of a inch or else it hits the bike.. no big deal at all..