WR 450 Weight???

imagine getting three PIGS

#1) will be a baby piglet and very light, nibble footed and agile but will squeek instead of grunt.

#2) This Pig is heavier but has just enough grunt to make it feel "just right" (honda, ktm, husaberg etc)

#3) This is gonna be one big bloated heavy fat mud covered pig ,almost imposible to pic up in thick mud, but with lots of grunt.

now imagine this pig with the words YAMAHA WR450 tatood on its lardy ass.

hope this answers your question ?

wrsm

i agree

yesterday i rode an enduro on my yzf and got stuck in deep bogs, struggled to lift the bike upright on off camber climbs [ not to mention kicks start it]and generally lugged and abused it arround wales for 3 hours.

ive done this to the bike for a couple of years now and it has never ever missed a beat,

im not sure how the KTM's hold out to long term abuse

but yesterday i would of loved to of had an electric start and maybe a bike that wieghed 30lbs less.

I have a 03 450KTM exc and it is 247lbs. The yamaha will be 255-260. Still not bad and will be just fine to ride knowing that if you stall you will not have to kick.I used to ride the 4-stroke yamaha's but went for a ktm after a quick ride through the woods and fell in love! know I'm on my 2nd one and they are the bike for me . Not to say that the new yamaha won't be a great bike (i liked both of mine)but I am sticking with what makes me fast!!