XR Spring Chart

can the springs be interchanged between models?? XR650R to say a XR600 Stock spring (Xr600 has a higher rate than stock 650r) and i'm 210lbs

I guess you would have to find out if the spring dimensions are the same between the bikes

can the springs be interchanged between models?? XR650R to say a XR600 Stock spring (Xr600 has a higher rate than stock 650r) and i'm 210lbs

I'm sure that the 650L and 600R fork springs are interchangeable. The shock is too, but only on the 91 and on 600R I think. Don't think that the 650R springs are swapable.

I'm sure that the 650L and 600R fork springs are interchangeable. The shock is too, but only on the 91 and on 600R I think. Don't think that the 650R springs are swapable.

just wondering (tryin to take the easy route if i ever see that it is necessary to upgrade) Thanks

+1 above

racetech and eibach recommendations are said to be a bit on the stiff side more applicable to MX rates.

?

I used the 4strokes chart for my bike. 230#'s w/ gear went Eibach .47 fork springs w/ 10wt oil and a 12 shock spring with a revalve. If you're trail riding, I'd go with what 4strokes reccomends, you're body will thank you becuase it's more plush and less jarring on your wrists and legs. BYW, I also went with a fork brace to make the front track better.

I thought I saw that chart before (no offense intended, volumeone): http://4strokes.com/tech/honda/sprngrts.asp

To me it makes no sense (again no offense intended to the original poster, maybe I am just misreading the chart...). Take the 250. It says the stock forks are sprung for a <140lb rider, but the stock shock is 180-200lb. Look at the XR650L too, stock values say the stock forks are for a 160-180lb rider, but the stock shock is for a <140lb rider. The XR600 and 650R are closer but makes me wonder if the stock values are off or if the weignt recommendations are off, or if the factory actually wants a 40 lb bias on either end.

I had such a hard time deciding on what springs to run on my bike, saw that eibach and racetech suggested two different springs for the same bike and rider weight...and then I found this:

dfchart.jpg.