HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourstroker

What sparkplug you THUMPS running?

9 posts in this topic

Greetings!

Just wondering what kind/type of sparkplug everyone is running these days. I am a proud owner of a 2001 WR426 and would like to know if I should run stock or is there something better? Thanks in advance.

Mark

(HIGHLAND, ILLINOIS)

I have been using NGK cr8ek plugs for 4 years. It is a duel electrode racing plug. The cheapest I have found them for is $5.09 at Advance Auto. Their part number is 3478.

Try the plug and tell us what you think! :)

:cool:Hey what up. I been using a cr8eix ngk plug. It's not too new but they work awsome. The bike even has a different tone to it. :D:) They are expensive (8.00) but worth it. Good luck. :D

I use the Iridium plug, don't ask me to describe the difference it makes, but I do feel it does make a small but positive difference...

David

Stick with a ngk #8 in what ever form you like,i have found the #7 gets a bit hot (hot plugs give me the sh*#s)cr8e is i think ok for 01-426.

Splitfire.

I used to run Nippondenso (ND) Hot-U's WHICH I ABSOLUTELY SWEAR BY!!! I started using the Hot-U's years ago. I had a 1977 Yamaha DT250 monoshock which use to stumble at the top (main jet issues). Being a neophyte to carbs and jetting, I put a Hot-U in it and the bike carburated clean w/ a beige color. I have run the Hot-U's in EVERY bike I have owned since 1984.

The Split is more accesible for me, and I have given it a shot. I have yet to foul one out. Plus, at $3.75 it is a bargain.