Turbo YZ

Why do you need a battery?

fuel pump, but a good stator might remedy that. depends i suppose on the draw of the pump

Sick build m8 can't wait for some pics or results!

Have you looked at those Li-Ion (or whatever) batteries, they're super compact and light.

i got a little battery off of a TTR. it will fit behind the numberplate some how. im headed out to work on the beast tonight. ill try to grab some pics. also i think i know of a dyno i might be able to use. Dynoteck in belgrade (40 miles from me) has a dyno. hope they will let me use it.

0420091904.jpghere is a pic from my phone. gotta find my actual camra and get out there

Lets hear it run!

0420091904.jpghere is a pic from my phone. gotta find my actual camra and get out there

idk if this has been asked befor but what size turbo is that?

Its a Garrett gt-15 turbo. Its intended for small displacement (1.3-1.6L) diesel engines.

Looks alot cleaner from the intake side. Good work. I wonder if it will spool up fast enough? May need rpm's to keep it boosting.

thats the glory of having a clutch... long as it stays together

Your new top speed will limited by the close ratio gearing of the yz. You should throw in wr 4th and 5th gears for a higher top speed. 80 hp. I love it. Any thoughts of nitrous too? And maybe a parachute instead of brakes?

thats the glory of having a clutch... long as it stays together

using the clutch to spool a turbo wont be as effective as you might think, cause when u use the clutch the motor really has no load on it so it isn't sucking as much air into it as it would under a load, and by not sucking as much air in its not putting out as much exhaust as it would if its under a load, so not having that amount of exhaust without a load wont spool the turbo as much as u guys might be thinking,

im building a turbo sled and i wont get no boost while the track is in the air reving it but when i get on it and ride it i will build around 9 pounds.

and the same goes with my truck just reving it will spin the turbo but it wont spool it as much as when driving it,

if u have problems spooling u could spray co2 into the turbo right on the turbine wheel and spool it that way, seem to be effective way of spooling sled turbos. maybe a 2 stage button if u get real fancy.

using the clutch to spool a turbo wont be as effective as you might think, cause when u use the clutch the motor really has no load on it so it isn't sucking as much air into it as it would under a load, and by not sucking as much air in its not putting out as much exhaust as it would if its under a load, so not having that amount of exhaust without a load wont spool the turbo as much as u guys might be thinking,

im building a turbo sled and i wont get no boost while the track is in the air reving it but when i get on it and ride it i will build around 9 pounds.

and the same goes with my truck just reving it will spin the turbo but it wont spool it as much as when driving it,

if u have problems spooling u could spray co2 into the turbo right on the turbine wheel and spool it that way, seem to be effective way of spooling sled turbos. maybe a 2 stage button if u get real fancy.

This man speaks the truth. I can see 15-20 psi in nuetral revving, but when on a hard pass I can see 40. From what I understand this effect is a little more pronounced in a diesel, though.

I dont see you having much of a problem spooling it, as many quads use the same turbo (yfz's), but what I can see you having a problem when it DOES spool. When that baby lights its gonna lift the front end off the ground if you have any sort of traction. Kinda like having a 2 stroke hit in the middle of that crazy powerband already.

You should let the wife drive it first :banghead:

Extendo Swingarm anyone?

found some bolt on extension for $300. trying to decide if i should get it or not

found some bolt on extension for $300. trying to decide if i should get it or not

why waste $300 if you dont even know if it'll run yet.

i wouldnt. thats what i meant

i really dont think that your gunna get the turbo to even spool up.. i still think the turbo is way to big?

i guess well see

any pics of ur pitot design? :banghead: