Turbo YZ

Too much. With an oil change, it needs 1 Liter even to reach full. Adding the turbo to the circuit will require a little more, but not 200cc, I wouldn't think.

so your saying that when you change the oil and filter it needs just a little more than a quart of oil??

so your saying that when you change the oil and filter it needs just a little more than a quart of oil??

One liter, exactly, yes.

i wish i knew of a dyno around my area. i live in a small town in montana. maybe i could take to to sturgis during bike week and put it on a harley dyno! does anyone know of any powersports dyno's in montana? im hoping for over 80 horse

Penco Yamaha in Kalispell has a dyno I'm pretty sure.

I was at the rally last year and i saw atleast 3 dyno's there. And im about an hour and a half away from rapid.

i got a bunch of stuff done today. the charge tube is giving me problems. its not a "straight shot" like it looks. its turning out to be a PITA!! but im gettin pretty close to hearing it run anyway

Use some braided metal hose for the charge tube.

Mercer_Mason_v_a.jpg

What do you think?

They can be made to any length, come in sizes from 1/4" diameter to 16". A 2" ID Hosemaster AF4750 metal hose has a burst pressure of roughly 4000 psi, IIRC.

do they make barbed ends for them?

Use some braided metal hose for the charge tube.

Mercer_Mason_v_a.jpg

What do you think?

They can be made to any length, come in sizes from 1/4" diameter to 16". A 2" ID Hosemaster AF4750 metal hose has a burst pressure of roughly 4000 psi, IIRC.

Penco Yamaha in Kalispell has a dyno I'm pretty sure.

sick! my faimly owns a dealership. ill have my dad talk to kalispell. might have to run it up there.

do they make barbed ends for them?

Yes they do. What size?

One liter, exactly, yes.

I thought it was 1.6L or 1.69 Quarts?

I thought it was 1.6L or 1.69 Quarts?

No, that was the old 400's/426's and maybe 450's that had an oil tank in the frame. The aluminum frame bikes hold less oil, 1 liter.

No Pics?????????????????????:p

first page. Or did you mean updated ones?

New ones are definitely needed. I need to get my fix of this awesome build.:p

my charge tube is almost done. once its done and i get my turbo back together and my exhaust back on ill take some more pics. or i might if i get board here soon

Yes they do. What size?
i got the charge tube under controll. thanks. if it dont work ill get ahold of you. but i dont think that tube would work. the boot of that carb is oil like 3/4 of and inch from the shock.

what the hell dude! a turbo'ed 450! you are crazy!!!! i want one....

i got the charge tube under controll. thanks. if it dont work ill get ahold of you. but i dont think that tube would work. the boot of that carb is oil like 3/4 of and inch from the shock.

Hell no problem dude. I wish I lived closer, I love to do this sort of stuff. The metal hose has a suprisingly tight bend radius, I believe it would be possible to bend it that tight, ecspecially in a small size like that. If its not possible then a 90 degree barb fitting would take care of it.

And pics are required!

yeah, definitely need pics . . .

i have been gettin so busy i can hardly get on here let alone get pics! the carb boot is 2 and 1/8! im still hunting some silicone hose for it. everything is apart now but once i thow it all together it will be pretty close to starting up and ill get some pics. and i did decide to run a blow off valve. im trying to decide how to mount my battery