Turbo YZ

i would love to see more pics and video of that beast!!!

there was a clip in a snowmobile video of 2 moto's turbo Rough 650. it sounded awesome. looked like it went pretty good. they esimated it at 120 horse but i dont quite buy that. here is 2moto's album on photobucket. lots of turbo pic there: http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/spooledx2/2MOTO%20pics/?start=80

here is the teaser of that snowmobile video:

the turbo snowbike section is 2:02-2:11 but it dont show much.

i put about a quart and 1/4 in it. it should be about right.
Too much. With an oil change, it needs 1 Liter even to reach full. Adding the turbo to the circuit will require a little more, but not 200cc, I wouldn't think.

alright. but with a filter change its 1.09 quarts and the full system is 1.29 quarts. so i thoghut 1.25 would be a good place to start because i pumped alot out after it was drained figuring out where to pull the oil from. but ill see

there was a clip in a snowmobile video of 2 moto's turbo Rough 650. it sounded awesome. looked like it went pretty good. they esimated it at 120 horse but i dont quite buy that. here is 2moto's album on photobucket. lots of turbo pic there: http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/spooledx2/2MOTO%20pics/?start=80

here is the teaser of that snowmobile video:

the turbo snowbike section is 2:02-2:11 but it dont show much.

I have come close to buying a snow bike kit and have researched quite a bit on them and I would be getting this cleaner looking set up from Snoxcycle not the 2 moto massive looking weight ad on.

Check this out www.snomox.com

definatly looks lighter and way more simple. but sometimes simple is not better. i wonder what the pro's and cons are of the differnt set ups are. but personaly i dont think i would ever buy a snowbike kit caus i got a snowmobile that has 5 times the hp a 450 has:)

u still need a extended swinger and a paddle

alright. but with a filter change its 1.09 quarts and the full system is 1.29 quarts. so i thoghut 1.25 would be a good place to start because i pumped alot out after it was drained figuring out where to pull the oil from. but ill see
This statement combined with the fact that you were not aware it was a dry sump creates a new question in my mind: Where did you tap into for the turbo oil supply?

The oil that passes through the left crankcase cover is return oil. It is under no pressure, and tapping a T into will not supply the turbo with any oil at all, really. Routing the return oil through the turbo will restrict its free return to the oil tank, and may starve the engine. Oil for the turbo must come from the feed side.

i taped into the oil filter cover its slef. and i returned it through the oil fill plug. once i figure stuff out will drill a hole in the case somewhere closer to the back so its more of a downhill flow for the return. i may end up putting a jet in my oil line to restrict the flow because the oil might find it easer to flow through the turbo instead of up to the head:crazy: we'll see

Turbos generally use plain bearings because of their extremely high shaft speeds. Usually, the oil feed does not need an orifice, as the turbo should hold oil pressure. You might take the step of running the bike first with the turbo off and the line connected to an oil pressure gauge to get a baseline reading, then check it again when the turbo is hooked up to check how much the pressure drops, if at all.

Turbos generally use plain bearings because of their extremely high shaft speeds. Usually, the oil feed does not need an orifice, as the turbo should hold oil pressure. You might take the step of running the bike first with the turbo off and the line connected to an oil pressure gauge to get a baseline reading, then check it again when the turbo is hooked up to check how much the pressure drops, if at all.

just by looking in the oil line into the turbo it looks like it would hold pressure back. im sure this thing is going to spend a lot of time ideling the first few times its started up. ill take out the oil checker bolt on the side of the head too. just to be safe. i put my carb back on. i think its ready to rock. i could plug both sides and the fuel line and blow into my line thats going to my charge tube and it holds air untill you blow as hard as you can. it very very very slowly leeks out where the cables go in but i dont think than can be helped. but thats boost leek not fuel leek so im set. (i hope). i also send a PM the the guy the turbo'ed the WR250x. he is running 8.5 pounds of boost on 93 octane. sounds like its very reliable. over 1000 miles he's rode it. he is in high temperatures too. like i will be at the dunes. but i paddle pulls a lot harder:eek:

i wish i knew of a dyno around my area. i live in a small town in montana. maybe i could take to to sturgis during bike week and put it on a harley dyno! does anyone know of any powersports dyno's in montana? im hoping for over 80 horse

where are you at in montana? Becuase im in northern wyoming and want to see that bad ass in person one of these days.

im in livingston Montana. do you ride the sand? Rock Springs Dunes? i have rode Rocksprings once. i go to St Anthony ID otherwise.

Nah, other side of wyoming im in the red hills. im in clearmont. Its the center point between sheridan gillet and buffalo. But my uncle lives in bozmen some times, lol but i still might have to go see that thing. I want to do the same to my bike. I bet its gona kick ass :p

I go to Rapid City SD alot. how far from there are you?

make sure you get any riding on video.

I go to Rapid City SD alot. how far from there are you?

ive been to rapid 10+ times this year is my first time during sturgis week hopefully i see your bike

ill lookout for a SE yzf with a turbo hanging of the side

ive been to rapid 10+ times this year is my first time during sturgis week hopefully i see your bike

ill lookout for a SE yzf with a turbo hanging of the side

do you know if they have dyno's there during bike week. a few years back i thought i seen a mobile dyno. like one that was mounted in a trailer. i would love to put this bike on a dyno. maby if i do or next time i go to rapid i could give ya a call if you wanna see it.

definatly looks lighter and way more simple. but sometimes simple is not better. i wonder what the pro's and cons are of the differnt set ups are. but personaly i dont think i would ever buy a snowbike kit caus i got a snowmobile that has 5 times the hp a 450 has:)

The only reason I was thinking of it is because $10g's for a good sled is not worth the amount of time u spend on them and the value drops like a rock.

I think your power to weight ratio's would match up excpetially with a turbo. I dunno they look fun but they are not a snowmobile.

I myself am toying with making my own track kit for my 450.

Hope you get that thing spooling up soon.

i got a bunch of stuff done today. the charge tube is giving me problems. its not a "straight shot" like it looks. its turning out to be a PITA!! but im gettin pretty close to hearing it run anyway