Turbo YZ

its all down to fine tuning now

its all down to fine tuning now

Since May? :busted:

so, you got it working?

"working" is a clowdy term. it was "working" in may. but now it'll cruse along with 5 pounds of boost. still needs quite a bit of tuning though

Any updates?

i have been building a turbo snowmoible so that has kept me busy lately. building the sled gave me a few ideas to make the bike run better. gonna put the bike up on the rack here soon.

got the bike torn apart, stock cylender went back on. new piston and rings, stacked base gaskets. going to decrease valve overlap when the head goes back on. if this fails does anyone know where i can trade in my GT15 and get a GT12?

Video please!

Any updates on this thing???

once again my turbo snowmobile is keeping me busy this winter. this summer i bought a 2010 yz450 so i spent most of my time riding that. i did spend some time with my turbo yz... i found out that i need at least 1800ccs of air space for the air to expand when the valves close. i will be relocating the turbo up by your right knee and building a boost box where the stock airbox is. i believe the system will then be capable of supporting some actual horsepower. i will keep this thread updated... but with being so busy im not sure when ill get around to building a header and boost chamber

Finaly got the bike running again. It is finaly impressing me:thumbsup: should be taking it to the dunes this weekend. Video: http://youtu.be/UeAe08Al1Wk

Nice! Thanks for the update.

You definitely tell when the turbo starts boosting.

I haven't been around much online lately. Has anyone heard anything about turbochargers being tryed on the new efi Yz's or the YFZs?

Probably best to lower the compression to about 8:1 first.

pretty excited to see what that thing does in the dunes this weekend. your dad said if nothing else you will work on it haha

Three things can happen. BOOM. run or wrench. Im excited for it lol.

I haven't been around much online lately. Has anyone heard anything about turbochargers being tryed on the new efi Yz's or the YFZs?
Not Turbos........but Nitrous kits.YES

The turbo is loving the sand. It pulls extremely hard on top. I ran 15-17 pounds today with no problems. A few minor tuning adjustments will be made but im really happy with it so far.