2010 Yz450f

i dont know maybe it will grow on me ,i have to see it in person

I like the sound of the technical improvements, but that is one ugly bike!

JB

I like the new look!

I like the new look!

hmmm...I do too....

I like this also from the vitalmx..."Those of you who like blasting your bike with a high pressure washer will like that they've added a new, thicker seal for the top steering bearing."

It looks kinda like a Alum framed TTR on steroids.....never the less it has to be light years better than the previous 250fs

where is the 450 Yami, enough anticipation already!

and why does it have to be "light years ahead" of the previoius models..let's hope so but just sayin'....NO new motor and NO FI is rather dissapointing if you ask me. My .02...i mean with the minor motor mods they have done it *should* perform slightly better than previous yzf250's.

and why does it have to be "light years ahead" of the previoius models..let's hope so but just sayin'....NO new motor and NO FI is rather dissapointing if you ask me. My .02...i mean with the minor motor mods they have done it *should* perform slightly better than previous yzf250's.

Another FI is the messiah, I assume? Cost was too expensive this year with the 450 changes...you will see it next year and programming that is tried and tested....

Looks to me like more than nothing got changed in the motor :worthy:

here read

The valve spring retainers are now lightweight aluminum instead of steel, and valve spring pressure is lighter for reduced valve opening force. This contributes to superior low-to-mid range torque characteristics due to less power-robbing friction. There’s also a new, higher lift cam profile, while valve stem ends are chromium-nitride coated for exceptional reliability and reduced maintenance.

The exhaust port shape has a “D” shape instead of round. This increases velocity through the port for excellent throttle response, while enhancing the power feeling of the engine.

The newly designed radiator is lower and further back and the oil tank is more compact and repositioned to achieve greater mass centralization.

The carburetor bore has a new venturi shape, plus there’s recalibrated jetting and a new accelerator pump. This translates to impressive response when the rider snaps open the throttle, and contributes to superb torquey low-to-midrange power characteristics.

The intake boot offers a straight, smooth tract for excellent engine breathing and more power. The airbox is reshaped to tuck neatly into the Bilateral Beam frame.

The exhaust pipe has been carefully tuned to optimize engine power, with a muffler that’s 50mm longer and with a narrower core – a design that lets the YZ250F comfortably meet the latest noise standards without sacrificing power.

Engineers were able to increase the clutch spring load for stronger engagement, yet, thanks to a recalibrated clutch actuation arm cam ratio, lever pull is actually lighter than before.

Third and fourth gear ratios are slightly taller, and third, fourth, and fifth gears are stronger than ever with new drive dog shapes for positive engagement. That gives riders a strong gearbox that’s been carefully matched to engine power characteristics.

I didn't say nothing got changed...it's just most people expected an all new motor as this design is getting long in the tooth (same since 01')...you don't call those minor mods?? HOWEVER who knows this thing may rip!! And NO i'm not another FI messiah guy!!...:-)

I didn't say nothing got changed...it's just most people expected an all new motor as this design is getting long in the tooth (same since 01')...you don't call those minor mods?? HOWEVER who knows this thing may rip!! And NO i'm not another FI messiah guy!!...:-)

they changed the head in 05

and changing the exhaust port is minor? Same BASIC engine yes, same exact engine? NO

The 250 gets some changes but the money for R&D has been assessed for the 450. It will be a completely new bike

1) I really like the way it looks.

2) The most important point to me, the release confirms the Cad drawing. The shrouds are identical. I would say we now know what the 450 is going to be.

Looks aggressive & bad ass!!

Sweet!

Can't wait for the 450!

come on there has to be a picture of the 450F now.

how about one of these photoshop guys take the new 250f and make it look like the 450F. :worthy:

come on there has to be a picture of the 450F now.

Why? Because you want it?

I talked to a guy at Washougal that looked at an industry guy's camera phone showing the production version of what all we've seen. The scoot was in a So Cal warehouse secured back room. It's coming...but when?

It's obvious they have a frame, air box and tank already fabricated from the '10 250 and could simply drop the tried and true motor in there for some fairly big improvements. Then come back with the turned around motor next year if there are any nagging issues, be it testing or economy based.

Why? Because you want it?

YES, but if they take to long i will just get a left over other brand. I had a 08 YZF but was not a huge fan. might just go KXF because they are awesome out of the box and only get better with mods.

I dont want to get an 09 YZ because it will be hard to sell because of the changes in 2010, just not sure if the 2010 YZF will be worth spending the extra 4k for it vs getting a 09

Photo shopping a 250 would be difficult, the tank, radiator shrouds, seat, engine are all different on the 450 if it really is like the computer rendering. Oh, an there is no air box on in back, just space occupied by a exhaust pipe.

The 250 will or should look completely different. The only parts that the two seem to share are the front fender, front number plate and possibly the rear fender....... maybe? We just have to keep waiting!!

YES, but if they take to long i will just get a left over other brand.

.... just not sure if the 2010 YZF will be worth spending the extra 4k for it vs getting a 09

That's up to you, but since Yamaha has already stated that the release date is in September, it's a little silly to be jumping around asking why it's not out yet.

If you don't want to pay retail for it (which will be competitive with other brands), you'll have to wait at least 6 months anyway.