2010 Yz450f

Ga, I know you live in a world of Blue-tinted goggles....However, I dare say the Yamaha factory and satellite teams will struggle mightily with a radically revised YZ-450 platform for 3-6 months just like the Honda team has done...Simple reason is all the setup notes from the years past mean nothing and that's compounded by the lack of actual pre-testing that is allowed to happen for reasons of secrecy. Time will tell.

Huffster I agree 100% - I will be shocked if the 2010 YZF is plaque free with all of these changes.....

and on the google comment....nah I used to own and race hondas. Just found something I liked better....and I am still waiting on the messiah bike:smirk:

Maybe you should try a Husky...those guys think their bikes are perfect !! lol

Maybe you should try a Husky...those guys think their bikes are perfect !! lol

this would be going to the complete otherside wouldn't it? Of course they think they are perfect...they are stuck with them. :worthy:

According to Dirt Action (Aussie mag), the embargo on the 2010 YZ250F details are lifted this month, but not until October for the 450

go ahead laugh at those cannondales, if you ever rode one you wouldnt be laughing they were good

go ahead laugh at those cannondales, if you ever rode one you wouldnt be laughing they were good

I'd like to ask Robbie Reynard his opinion of the 'dale

And I as remember the "dales" never finished one AMA race......due to breakage:banghead:

In concept yes very very nice ...in reality, a flawed bike with zero future due to Cannondales motorcycle demise

That pic is of an ATK, formally known as the Cannondale. ATK is a motorcycle company out of Utah that bought the rights from Cannondale (motorcycles and atv's). I heard that they made the engine more reliable and the bike is supposed to be a pretty good bike now. You can check out the ATK stuff at atkusa.com I think if they would have chosen a better color for their bike it would have sold better! LOL

That pic is of an ATK, formally known as the Cannondale. ATK is a motorcycle company out of Utah that bought the rights from Cannondale (motorcycles and atv's). I heard that they made the engine more reliable and the bike is supposed to be a pretty good bike now. You can check out the ATK stuff at atkusa.com I think if they would have chosen a better color for their bike it would have sold better! LOL

I had a buddy ride an ATK for one desert race in Mesquite. He was given the bike by the owner so he could give a report on the thing. The ATK did not finish the race and was underpowered the whole time anyway. Unless they've come a long way in the last two years what you heard about them being good is not really true.

Nate

Please take any further discussion of Cannondales or ATK's to the Exotics Forum unless it relates directly to the YZ450.

Thanks.

Finally, someone puts an end to the madness!

i would be shocked if Yamaha released that bike in 2010, but if they do you can count me in!!

Sure would be nice if for once they:

1. Separated the engine oil/gear oil like the Hondas...

2. Made it with an uncorked nice stock exhaust...

3. Put decent tires on it...

I actually really wish they offered 2 versions of the YZ...One full race model, and another trail model...And don't say, "They do, it's called a WR"...lol

I could go for a 450 race bike for the track (stripped of all possible weight, better exhaust and suspension, different cams, high compression piston, etc.) and then have another 450 for everything else (with electric start, quiet exhaust, radiator fans, overflow return, kick stand, etc)...

Ahhh whatever...I guess that would be a WR...:worthy:

:worthy: