2010 Yz450f

Hey guys,

I just got the inside scoop from an ex Yamaha employee on the 2010 YZ450 and you are going to be surprised!

Remember the Cannondale? Yep....the new YZ will have the cylinder head mounted in reverse! The exhaust pipe will coil up in the space previously occupied by the airbox which is now located under the tank! You have to lift the tank to gain airfilter access.

Sounds very interesting.

Can't wait to see photos!

John

What do you mean counter productive? If it works better than the current design that would make it productive.

Yep, he means head tube.

I was told that the WR's will be the same as in 07 thru 09. Just the YZ gets the new config for 2010. Although it would kinda make sense for Yamaha to include the WR in the new design first year out (not in an economical way but in a kick everyone elses ASS kinda way).

Can't wait to see which way they go.

John

What's a steering pipe? Do you mean the headtube?

sorry.. my english is too bad... I mean where the forks attach to the frame... It's that the headtube??? ?

BTW It's bolted to the frame. If anybody needs traduction of the spanish URL ask me....

Kay,

You are absolutrely right. Give it a year to let them work the bugs out. Although, having said that Yamaha doesn't typically have first year new model issues like say...well some others we won't mention for fear of starting a firestorm that you (being a fireman and all) might have to put out.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the frame will be a perimiter beam type just like the aformentioned competition.

Can't wait to see details!!

John

What do you mean counter productive? If it works better than the current design that would make it productive.

I think he's talking about the air filter access. Removing the gas tank to change an air filter would be a PITA....

Acording to the URL I've posted, the tank will be under the seat, and doesn't overlap with the airbox, so I think the airbox access will be as good as we now access the fuel cap.

They also say that Yamaha patented this design ever before than Husaberg, and that the objetive of the backwards angled cylinder is to get its mass closer to the gravity center (As Husaberg does with its design)

It says that is very possible that 2010 YZ's and WR's have a new revolutionary electronic rear shock, but doesn't give any further details.

Greetings,

Diego

Electric shocks are not new technology. The Herbst have been running Magneto-Rheological Fluid shocks on their TT's for a while. Many major car companies use them as well. I would imagine that Yamaha will use some derivation of this technology. Could be really cool to re-valve your shock with your laptop.

http://www.lord.com/Home/MagnetoRheologicalMRFluid/tabid/3317/Default.aspx

Let’s hope that the interface to the EFI is more tunable than what is on the market today.

A 2011 WR450 fits perfectly into my 18 month moto purchase cycle. ?