white or blue?

I wanted blue with black rims so I bought a white SE and had the dealer swap the plastic and seat with a blue one. ? I don't see much difference in living with either color as long as you maintain them adequately.

White is fine, the part the upsets me more is when the shock moves and the the red rubber over the shock gets scractched up. That part seem more visible.

I really like the white look anyway.

I guess cleaning depends on where you ride. I live in the red rocks of southern Utah and the white sucks to clean. The blue doesn't show the dirt much, but everytime I ride my bike I have to get out the magic eraser just to remove the red stains from the plastic.

The white isn't bad. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a bottle of Goof OFF. After you wash the bike and dry it, put a little on a paper towel and wipe it down. It also takes the black marks out of your graphics and preprinted backgrounds also.

I wouldn't use the goof off as it is an adhesive remover...may make the corners of your graphics peel up...use oxyclean on the hard to clean spots, then rinse (as it leaves a white residue if not rinsed)...works like a charm making the plastic bright white again...

I am sure that is a possibility, but I have been using it for 3 years to clean the plasic and my backgrounds and graphics. I haven't had an issue yet. I just put a little on a napkin and wipe it down. I don't pour it all over, so not much even touches the edges of the graphics.

OK to the guys that talk about extra cleanning for white, I stop on the way home from riding and give my white 07 YZ450 a quick pressure washing at the car wash. This just removes all the excess build up and mud. Then once I get home the real cleanning starts. I did this with my blue bikes and the white one. I think the real key is do not leave your bike with mud stuck to it. If you do you will have stains on any color.

This is after the bike was a year old and had seen many days of Red clay, Gumbo and black sand riding.

100_1231.jpg

i use paint thinner on the white plastic from riding through the bush, works great but keep it away from the decals, and then armor all for the shine

Don't use thinner whatever u do, it opens up the pours in the plastic and will soften and mainly discolor your white over time and turn it yellow. Like some of the older bikes with white gas tanks, over time the spilt gas turn them yellow, chalky, and brittle. As far as an sos pad goes, NO, its like taking sand paper to it. I have an 09 limited and love it and have no problem with cleaning.