Using different rate fork springs?

If I am trying to achieve a .490kg/mm spring rate, and I don't believe anyone makes .490kg/mm springs for a 08 yz450f, can I use a .480kg/mm spring in one fork leg and a .500kg/mm fork srping in the other fork leg without having any problems?

If I am trying to achieve a .490kg/mm spring rate, and I don't believe anyone makes .490kg/mm springs for a 08 yz450f, can I use a .480kg/mm spring in one fork leg and a .500kg/mm fork srping in the other fork leg without having any problems?

Try calling Stich at trix stix suspension (East side) or Palo Verde suspension (west side) both local shops.

Yes you can, its common practice in most suspension shops.

Yeah, you can do that, but that is about as far a difference in springs that I'd go between the two sides. I wouldn't recommend more than that.

I measured the spring rate of my 08 YZ450 springs to be .49 even though the manual says they are supposed to be .47 . I have a highly accurate way of testing them. I bought some .45 springs from Factory Connection and I measured them to be exactly that using same test. I don't put any faith in the rate until I have measured them for myself.

My 2 cents worth....

Would you mind sharing your method (especially if it can be accomplished in the garage w/o specialized equipment)?

I'll start a new thread to explain how. I don't want to hijack this thread......