07 YZ450 engine case

I broke the stator side engine case on my 07 yZ450 and had to buy a whole new engine case set because Yamaha doesn't sell just one case side alone. Now I have the clutch side engine case brand new sitting there. I paid almost 700 bucks for the set. What should ask for the one side?

I broke the stator side engine case on my 07 yZ450 and had to buy a whole new engine case set because Yamaha doesn't sell just one case side alone. Now I have the clutch side engine case brand new sitting there. I paid almost 700 bucks for the set. What should ask for the one side?

$300-350. that would be my guess.

A single case half is essentially useless. Yamaha does not sell them singly because the bores that all the shafts run in are "line bored" with the cases assembled as a pair, so that each side is precisely square with the other. Re-establishing this condition on mismatched cases would involve building up the shaft bores and reboring them all; a far too expensive and time consuming process to warrant the work.

Was that question a test? I figuered that if they sell them as a set, they must be matched together for precison.