How to remove speedo assy from 07 WR450

Hey all, my name is Trevor. I have an 07 WR450 and i am looking at removing all the un-neccesary wiring from the speedo area ( speedo inc ) it has the on off button that is there also. I want to basically remove everything i can and put a normal number plate there insted of a light.

I reall want to remove everything on the bike that doesn't need to be there, i.e. battery, speedo, o/flow bottle etc. Any advise on what i can and cannot remove would be greatly appreciated.

P.S, dont know if it means anything but i am from Australia. Thanks

Hey Trev, A lot of guys have talked about doing the same thing, do a search. I think it's more work than it's worth?, just my $0.02. So why go through all that trouble? get a YZ. Origianlly most guys wanted the 5-speed tranny but now the YZ'z are comming with it. You'll never get the 20+ lbs off the WR to make it compare to a YZ. The WR's typically have very cushy suspension and not track worrthy till you spend $1K+ to track it. Heck, I think even Ty Davis used a WR on some of his 24 hour endurance rides. I could be wrong? Oh Ya, the WR has a slightly racked frork angle for high speed desert runs. Not the ultimate set up for closed course track. I assume your asking so that you can track it?

Hope I wasn't off topic? Good Luck:ride:

Yeah thats where i ride mostly. I just got rid of my 05 YZ450 so now i may be regretting it. Just want to put a number plate on it reall and hopefully lose a few KG

Yeah thats where i ride mostly. I just got rid of my 05 YZ450 so now i may be regretting it. Just want to put a number plate on it reall and hopefully lose a few KG

You'll need a spacer to take out the speedo mechanism from the front hub, do a search, I've seen that posted before on this forum.