HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nemx24

07 exhuast

6 posts in this topic

i have an 08 yz450 and got a good deal on a stock 07 complete system. my question is has anyone cut down an 07 exhaust the thing is massive. just didn't want to mess it up by cutting a little of it

Ya me to. I took it all apart by drilling out all the rivets.I cut off about three inchs,polished it and added a Promoto billet end cap. It looks great and really didn't get much louder,well a little with the end cap.

I'm running an 08 Header with a cut-down 07 muffler. I cut off 4 inches, seems to work great. Plus with the smaller 07 end cap its still really quiet. Make sure you re-pack with good quality packing.

I had an extra 07 muffler , and cut 4 in. off for an experiment.

NOT good results - lost alot of low end. Just a warning. ( put in fresh packing as well).

Thats wierd, I felt just the opposite. I have an 08 YZ450 with a cutdown 07 muffler, it seems like I have a little snappier bottom end. I feel like I lost some on top, I have to shift a little earlier with this version versus the longer version. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

-on the plus side I can run 3rd gear in most tight turns versus second gear with the stock 08 muffler.