yz426 cracked case

my chain popped off on my 426 and cracked the case, i used some jb waterweld and it holds but i was wondering what material are the cases made out of? is it possible to tig weld them? the crack is right on the clutch arm deal. about 1/2 inch long

my chain popped off on my 426 and cracked the case, i used some jb waterweld and it holds but i was wondering what material are the cases made out of? is it possible to tig weld them? the crack is right on the clutch arm deal. about 1/2 inch long

I have read some threads that people have had cases welded, but some are in such awkward spots that they cannot. If you can, put a pic up so we can see just where the crack is and the severity of it..

im new to this, how do upload the pics? its only about a half inch long vertical crack.right at the bottom of that clutch arm

im new to this, how do upload the pics? its only about a half inch long vertical crack.right at the bottom of that clutch arm

create a photobucket account, upload the pics, and when they finish there will be a url code that you copy and paste into your post. it may very well be weldable but i dont want to give you the wrong info.

Hi Stephen, I am a noob, but I found this tutorial for posting pics. hope it helps.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454005