Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimbo uk

yz450 2009 giving me engine problems

6 posts in this topic

hi guys i would like some help with my 09 450 ive been having some running problems with it its is hard to start and when i do get it going it will cut out straight away it stalles very often and its missing and it has been just cutting out wile riding i dont meen stalling i meen cutting out like in 3rd gear with a fare bit of revs. if i was a fast rider i would under stand some were and tare on the engine but i am just a novice at best.can anyone help??????????also i havent changed anything to do with the jetting or anything as like i sed i am just a novice and am unsure as to what i am doing so the bike it totaly standerd

hi guys i would like some help with my 09 450 ive been having some running problems with it its is hard to start and when i do get it going it will cut out straight away it stalles very often and its missing and it has been just cutting out wile riding i dont meen stalling i meen cutting out like in 3rd gear with a fare bit of revs. if i was a fast rider i would under stand some were and tare on the engine but i am just a novice at best.can anyone help??????????also i havent changed anything to do with the jetting or anything as like i sed i am just a novice and am unsure as to what i am doing so the bike it totaly standerd

Wow, that was a bit hard to read, try writing a little clearer. Anyway, sounds like you got a dirty carb. I know the bike is new, but it could have had gas sitting in the carb for weeks. Try cleaning the carb and all it's jets/passages. If you can't do it, take it to a reputable shop where they can clean it. How long is the warranty period in the UK? You might still be under warranty from Yamaha , check with your dealer.

It could just be a jetting problem. I bought a new 08 about a month ago and had to move the needle down to get it to run better. It was rich in the mid-range brand new. Runs better now but still not 100%. I have a slip on coming and want to see how it runs with that before pulling the carb again.

it could be a jetting issue, or a possibly a floatbowl level issue

or it is a TPS or CDI issue

Did the bike always run like this since you bought it?

If it is new and jetted correctly I would get the CDI and TPS setting tested by a dealer -

if the bike is warmed up hold the hot start when you start the bike. and I know what you mean about it stalling all the time but I have only noticed it when I chop the throttle. it shouldnt be stalling if you are high on the revs, sounds as if there is some dirt in the carb.

I have rejetted mine and will be getting a heaver flywheel to solve the stalling problem.