how to ease clutch pull

I dont listen to what people on WR's say. If it were mine I would replace the cable and go to the improved design of the later model year.

Yea I tried the different clutch arms on my 03.(I had one modified as this was the trick back then - until the newer GYTR kit came out) I could not tell a tremendous change....the 03 clutch pull was just a lot more than the current 06 + 450s.

What made it better for me was a complete Hinson clutch with new springs ....the downside +$1000.00 :worthy:

What made it better for me was a complete Hinson clutch with new springs

That's what mine had. :worthy:
I dont listen to what people on WR's say. If it were mine I would replace the cable and go to the improved design of the later model year.
Bear in mind, if you pursue this route, that it requires the purchase of the '04 release arm, since the arm rotates the other way, and is pulled from a different point, as well as the torsion spring and spring seat/retainer plate. Then there is the matter of the lower cable housing stop, which does not appear to be a part of the cable assembly (although it might be), and isn't listed elsewhere.
ux_a08030500ux0027_ux_n.jpg

lmao!!!

Edited by grayracer513
dead thread, post adds nothing new

You probably won't want to hear this but your clutch basket might be notched. Those parts don't last forever and when they start to wear out your clutch isn't going to feel the same. There's no cheap fix for a worn clutch basket.

I would suggest a oem cable with a asv lever, that will make your clutch pull much easier.

Absolutely, AVS easy to install, easier clutch pull and adjust ability. Oh and looks cool, yeah!!