HELP 426 leaking break fluid/ oil?

Hey

I just picked this up today and after going for a ride I noticed 2 problems. First the front caliper is leaking pretty badly. It looks like its coming from the rubber cover but I don't have a manual. Is that where the bleeder screw is? I just don't want to pull the rubber off and make a mess. The second is the white/Grey fluid coming from one of the over flow tubes. It looks like oil/grease with water in it, but on the dipstick the oil is brand new and full. Help me please guys. In the pic Im pointing at where it looks like the break fluid is coming from

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

The breather goo is normal in humid climates. It's moisture condensing in the hose and mixing with the residual oil there.

The brake fluid leak is a bigger problem. The bleed screw is the smaller rubber cover at the top rear corner of the caliper. The cover you are pointing to is one of the guide pins on which the caliper slides. A leak there often indicates a cracked caliper housing.

On the 2nd picture it may be a glare or lighting, but is there oil leaking down at the back of the fork leg? If so, make sure there isn't oil leaking down from the fork seal on that side.

On the 2nd picture it may be a glare or lighting, but is there oil leaking down at the back of the fork leg? If so, make sure there isn't oil leaking down from the fork seal on that side.

That would actually be much more common, and a much smaller problem than a caliper leaking.

Turns out that I am half blind. It isnt brake fluid but fork oil running down the fork and over the caliper. So do I need to get my forks serviced? Or replace seals? I am pretty sure its not normal judging by the amount. I figured the white oil was fine since its been getting into the teens in the day and below zero at night (Celsius).

That would actually be much more common, and a much smaller problem than a caliper leaking.

Definately the problem. Whats the fix? Thanks guys

replace your fork seals.

Definately the problem. Whats the fix? Thanks guys

you can download a manual free: http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/

then service forks and replace seals/oil, pretty easy DIY.

or, take it to a local shop-its a pretty cheap fix.