08 WR450 triple clamp help!!

So I crashed pretty good and broke the whole triple clamp and shocks. I bought an 07 triple clamp setup off a 07 wr450. While the lower triple clamp is the same part number, the upper clamp is different. I put it on and it seems to fit ok. Does anyone know the difference between 07 and 08 top clamp and why they would have different part numbers? I am also in need of a complete left shock if anyone has one....pm me.

So I crashed pretty good and broke the whole triple clamp and shocks. I bought an 07 triple clamp setup off a 07 wr450. While the lower triple clamp is the same part number, the upper clamp is different. I put it on and it seems to fit ok. Does anyone know the difference between 07 and 08 top clamp and why they would have different part numbers? I am also in need of a complete left shock if anyone has one....pm me.

Don't you mean the triple clam and front forks were broken? The rear shock is not connected to the triple clamp.

That must have been one helluva crash.

Yeah, I meant the forks....It was pretty bad. I am lucky to just have a broken hand. Usually, buggy vs dirtbike doesnt work out so well for the dirtbike...

anyone know the answer to this one?

Who knows why Yamaha would change the part. Its probably .001 grams lighter!

If it fits and it works, then just use it. That will tell you what's happening.

Are you replacing the forks also?