HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sniperjaggi

08 WR450F Jetting

3 posts in this topic

I have modified my exhaust , will remove the smog pump (TT AIS removal kit). I am putting the shorter throttle stop screw in. What should I jet this bike for riding elevations 3,000-8,000 feet? I read a lot of threads about jetting and found many dealing with the YZF or the WR250, but not many about the WR450. From what I did read I found the following suggestions.

Stock

170 main

42 pilot

70 leak

Yamaha GYTR Kit

165 main

48 pilot

90 leak

Any suggestions? If I buy the GYTR kit am I good to go? Any other suggestions?

I have modified my exhaust , will remove the smog pump (TT AIS removal kit). I am putting the shorter throttle stop screw in. What should I jet this bike for riding elevations 3,000-8,000 feet? I read a lot of threads about jetting and found many dealing with the YZF or the WR250, but not many about the WR450. From what I did read I found the following suggestions.

Stock

170 main

42 pilot

70 leak

Yamaha GYTR Kit

165 main

48 pilot

90 leak

Any suggestions? If I buy the GYTR kit am I good to go? Any other suggestions?

Check the wr450 jetting database, those jetting specs you listed are way off.

Start here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6128650#post6128650

The GYTR kit is good if you want to remove the AIS pump, otherwise buy your own hand picked jets, since the jets in the kit are usually too rich anyway and you'll end up buying other jet sizes.

Thanks for the information. Looks like what I was looking for. I am ripping off all the smog junk and other restricting crap so I will likely buy the GYTR kit because that is what it is made for. I will keep track of the thread you sent me so if I need to make adjustments I will. Thanks again.