08 yz450f pipe question

No one says anything about re jetting the carb. or anything, I have stock 09 yz450f and in a recent dirt rider mag. they tested 3 different pipes on this year ( one being Dr. D) and they said theres no need to even touch the carb. that the carb. is that good on it this year. Is this true, just put on a full exhaust and thats it?

No one says anything about re jetting the carb. or anything, I have stock 09 yz450f and in a recent dirt rider mag. they tested 3 different pipes on this year ( one being Dr. D) and they said theres no need to even touch the carb. that the carb. is that good on it this year. Is this true, just put on a full exhaust and thats it?

When I put my full yoshi system on the only jetting I did to make it run right was go up one size on the pilot. It runs perfect for me!

It might have been a good set up for the conditions the test was held, but conditions vary greatly (altitude, humidity, temperature, the pipe itself).

What is the best slip on for an 08 450? That way I dont need to worry about the whole oilfilter bolt thing.

Hey I was just curious what issue that was, I'd like to see the comparison as I'm picking up an 08 YZ450 on Tuesday :confused::thumbsup::excuseme::banana:

What is the best slip on for an 08 450? That way I dont need to worry about the whole oilfilter bolt thing.

Absolute cheapest option: 2006 stock muffler, very cheap on ebay.

$250+ price range: FMF, Pro Circuit, White Brothers, etc...

Did you buy a pipe yet??

Did you buy a pipe yet??

no, I'm buying mine next weekend. Its killing me though, I still haven't narrowed down which pipe I want.

so I could get more power out of a 06 pipe then the stock 08 pipe, just making sure I am getting this right

Try to find a 06 head pipe and can, I purchased a brand new take off set for $100. Don't forget to replace the exhaust gasket as well.

Great pipe... Only one draw back. The header goes across the top bolt of the oil filter cover, which means loosening the header each time to gain access to tho oil filter. Kind of annoying...

Performance wise, Awesome!

I aligned the pipe with an allen key in the screw so when time to access there was no alignment issues. This was on a 2008 yz450f

I aligned the pipe with an allen key in the screw so when time to access there was no alignment issues. This was on a 2008 yz450f

Can you post a pic? I'm having trouble understanding what you mean.

If the oil filter nut is an issue why doesn't Dr.D step up & address it? Seems like an easy fix and would profit more from it. From what I read its one of the best exhaust out, but the least atractive pipes though. What the heck, after the first ride no one can tell anyway. Just say'n.