08 yz450f pipe question

I can't decide between the Yoshimura RS-2 and the DR.D stainless pipe for my 08 450. They are within 50 dollars of each other so either one is a possibility. What do all you guys think?

You can get the DR.D radiator lowering kit with the $50 you save by getting his pipe.

I can't speak to the Yoshimura but I can say that I am very impressed with the build quality and performance of my Dr.D system.

drd +1 it rips and very durable

Great pipe... Only one draw back. The header goes across the top bolt of the oil filter cover, which means loosening the header each time to gain access to tho oil filter. Kind of annoying...

Performance wise, Awesome!

If you replace the top oil filter bolt with a stud and nut, you no longer have to diddle with the header.

If you replace the top oil filter bolt with a stud and nut, you no longer have to diddle with the header.

Great idea! Now I am saying to myself 'duh'. :thumbsup:

Slot the end of the stud so that you can hold it to stop it from backing out if need be. It's still sort of a pain, but I usually think I like it better than loosening the header all the time.

not sure where ur looking at.. but u can find some new dr.ds on ebay for 450..

But i would say go with a Dr.D or better yet MRD!! 400 bucks and a lifetime warrenty..

I have read alot of good reviews on the DR.D for the yamaha, But it does seem like there is a lot of people that feel inconvienced with the oil filter bolt. The rs2 might be more convenient for me in that respect. Gray, what did you mean by stud and nut?

i have a full white bro system with the carbon fiber silencer on my yz, i love look into it. the sound is great how ever beware if you ride in a noise sensitive area becuase it is rather loud. also you have to loosen the header everytime you change the oil but it is well worth it and don't be freaked out when the first time the sun goes down and the head pipe is cherry red:moon:

i have a full white bro system with the carbon fiber silencer on my yz, i love look into it. the sound is great how ever beware if you ride in a noise sensitive area becuase it is rather loud. also you have to loosen the header everytime you change the oil but it is well worth it and don't be freaked out when the first time the sun goes down and the head pipe is cherry red:moon:

White bros made an awesome pipe for the older style yzf's but don't make one for my bike. I'm not sure i like the look of the vance and hines pipe either. I was told they are the same company.

I have a Dr.D s/s carbon system on my 09' 450 and i'm pretty impressed with it. I have had fmf, pc pipes and this one is built a lot better. Plus you can lower your rads down which does make a difference I don't care what anyone says. This pipe gets a A+ in my books.

Whats the advantage to lowering your rad. when you ad a Dr.D exhaust on an 09 yz450 f. Sorry, new with my yamaha. Thanks.

Whats the advantage to lowering your rad. when you ad a Dr.D exhaust on an 09 yz450 f. Sorry, new with my yamaha. Thanks.

It lowers wait on your bike making it feel less top heavy suppose to be a big difference.

I have read alot of good reviews on the DR.D for the yamaha, But it does seem like there is a lot of people that feel inconvienced with the oil filter bolt. The rs2 might be more convenient for me in that respect. Gray, what did you mean by stud and nut?

He means using a stud- a bolt with no head and then tighten the top bolt with a nut instead of tightening a bolt.

I have the Dr. D full stainless and love it!

I just installed a Yosh Full System for my Yami and it is awesome. My buddy has a Dr.D on his Yami and there is a difference between the two. The Yosh hits harder.

I have ridden both system and have the yoshi on my bike. I like them both equally but for different applications. The DrD seems to have a stronger bottom and mid range with a smoother power transition. The Yosh is tuned for more mid and top end IMO and has a harder mid range hit. I like the yosh better on my bike because I ride a lot of desert and dunes where the mid to top end pull is beneficial. But, if I were going to set my bike up for MX or tight trails I would go for the DrD so that I could take advantage of the killer bottom and mid range torque that this pipe makes.

Honestly I dont think you can go wrong wth either system!

I have ridden both system and have the yoshi on my bike. I like them both equally but for different applications. The DrD seems to have a stronger bottom and mid range with a smoother power transition. The Yosh is tuned for more mid and top end IMO and has a harder mid range hit. I like the yosh better on my bike because I ride a lot of desert and dunes where the mid to top end pull is beneficial. But, if I were going to set my bike up for MX or tight trails I would go for the DrD so that I could take advantage of the killer bottom and mid range torque that this pipe makes.

Honestly I dont think you can go wrong wth either system!

Thanks, Its nice hearing insight from someone who's ridden both. It's still a hard decision for me because I race mx, but most of the tracks around here are sandy, so I could go either way. I can't see either of them being a bad purchase compared to the awful 08 shorty pipe.