Can a YZ426 really jump timing?

Can a YZ426 really jump timing? Or is this some myth in dirt bike world? Did this really happen to you, or did you hear this from a guy who knew a guy who's bike jumped timing?

I wonder how you can jump timing without tearing out the teeth on the crank or cams. Or tearing up the chain?

How did yours jump timing, did the tensioner go out? Was the chain loose? Tell me what happened so I can put an end to this myth.....

Can a YZ426 really jump timing? Or is this some myth in dirt bike world? Did this really happen to you, or did you hear this from a guy who knew a guy who's bike jumped timing?

I wonder how you can jump timing without tearing out the teeth on the crank or cams. Or tearing up the chain?

How did yours jump timing, did the tensioner go out? Was the chain loose? Tell me what happened so I can put an end to this myth.....

My WR426 jumped timing on the PO because he installed the tensioner wrong. I've looking inside a couple of these bikes and, even on an old, stretched chain, it is very tight. I seriously doubt a properly assembled engine would jump time.

He is not sure that the chain jumped, sure is that the gears rotated on the camshaft, probably due to seizing of the cams, probably due to lack of lubrication :thumbsup: