HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
warden415

Brake light pressure switch?????? 2003 wr450

4 posts in this topic

I bought a used 03 wr450. The guy said the pressure switch on the rear brake went bad so he put a new one on. It also quit working very quickly. I just bought a new one and installed it about a month ago. It was working fine. I took the bike out tonight for the first ride of the year and when I got home I noticed it isn't working again! Is there something simple I should look for that may be causing this or do you think I am just having bad luck with the switches? I thought maybe there was something specific to wr's that I should look for the root of the problem. Thanks for any suggestions, Steve

You just need to put in a quality unit, like the one from Baja Designs. The 'off-brand' ones I have tried from Cycle Gear, Dual Sport America, and Bike Bandit have all failed in a few months.

I have bought one from several places, the BAJA stuff is good and still works in my old 03 which my son owns. Then again I have friends that melted the wires off on the pipe in a few days also.