99 yz400f brake issues

just changed both front and back brake lines on the bike and now I cant get the break fluid into the line. never done break work before except bleeding them. anyone know what to do or where to look?

just changed both front and back brake lines on the bike and now I cant get the break fluid into the line. never done break work before except bleeding them. anyone know what to do or where to look?

What you mean u cant get break fluid into the line?

have you tried backing out the allen wrench bolt that holds the line to the caliper? make sure its pieced together properly..

got the rear working great. the front break will not bleed properly and has no pressure to it. Tried to bleed it like normal and I get nothing. as far as I know everything is connected properly. is there a trick? is it just hard because its a new line? what do you mean backwards? could there be bigger issues than I think, worst case scenario?

remove the bleeder screw on the ft caliper, fill up the caliper with fluid, replace the bleeder screw, put the caliper back on, fill the reservior at the bars, then start the bleeding procedure.

the problem is that theres so little volume it takes forever to get the caliper full again.

this should fix your problem.

I tried everything you guys told me and every trick I could find and finally broke down and had it taken in. thanks anyway.

I found out that the master clinder is bad. anyone know where to find one cheaper than the stock replacement which is $200+?

they were not working fine before the change, hence the change.

ah. gotcha.

question..... how come you changed the lines then if the MC was bad? im confused a lil bit. unless you just started replacing parts for a process of elimination type thing.

either way, those parts i listed should get you back in the dirt

the brake lines both had holes. i thought the master cylinder was fine but turns out it wasnt. going to pick up the new one tomorrow off the 2000 yz426 that you suggested.

sweet.

glad you got it sorted out!

id recommend the 450 rear MC too!

good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Replaced the front and it works great. the rear works fine for now so I'm just going to leave it. thanks for the help.

awesome!

now get back to the dirt