Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burrap

01' yz426f revving high

5 posts in this topic

i have an 01 yz426f and when i ride it for a little while(enough for it to warm up) i pull in the clutch and it rev's real high for maybe 15 seconds or untill i turn the idle down. after the 15 seconds or so it drops back down to idle. anyone know whats up with this. if i turn the idle down any farther it will stall.

most likely you are going to be looking for an air leak, start by looking at where the carb bolts on, it may be leaking there, or anywhere in that area is a real good place to start. most importantly is if it is an air leak you need to fix it asap because you may not notice it but it is probably running real lean also which can tear up a lot of other stuff, piston, valves, ect.

get that sucker fixed and lets ride !!!:thumbsup:

most likely you are going to be looking for an air leak, start by looking at where the carb bolts on, it may be leaking there, or anywhere in that area is a real good place to start. most importantly is if it is an air leak you need to fix it asap because you may not notice it but it is probably running real lean also which can tear up a lot of other stuff, piston, valves, ect.

get that sucker fixed and lets ride !!!:thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing. Hanging idle is the term used for this. It could be jetting or air leaks as stated above. Check all boots and joints around carb and airbox.

It could also be nothing more than the pilot screw in need of adjustment, too. See what happens when you back the mixture screw out a half turn.

On the other hand, the valve clearances may be too tight on the intake side.

thanks alot, it will be a little while till i get to try it cause im changing the oil and sparkplug and other stuff.