Whats the best silencer for my new yz450????

If you are going for performance.. YOU WILL GAIN lil to nothing from a slip on.

you will want to get a full system. If you want a killer exhaust for your bike contact dave at MRD-racing.. Hes a local here on the fourm.. he will custom build u an exahaust for whatever power ur looking to gain. low to mid. mid-top.. top-over rev for 400 bucks! comes with a lifetime warrenty.. u damage it.. he will fix it free of charge!

cant beat that.

the most popular exhausts for the yzf.

Pro Circuit

Dr.d

Fmf 4.1

and MRD

No particular order.

Im looking for performance sound is no concern.

Sound should always be a concern, even if it is just a track bike or you just ride out in the boonies. There are always people around that will hear you and it will leave a negative impression. This is how we are losing our riding areas. Unless you are a top pro, can you really use all of power this bike has to offer? Do the off-road community a favor and buy a relatively quiet pipe.

Sound should always be a concern, even if it is just a track bike or you just ride out in the boonies. There are always people around that will hear you and it will leave a negative impression. This is how we are losing our riding areas. Unless you are a top pro, can you really use all of power this bike has to offer? Do the off-road community a favor and buy a relatively quiet pipe.

+1 on that !! --

you will want to get a full system. If you want a killer exhaust for your bike contact dave at MRD-racing.. Hes a local here on the fourm.. he will custom build u an exahaust for whatever power ur looking to gain. low to mid. mid-top.. top-over rev for 400 bucks! comes with a lifetime warrenty.. u damage it.. he will fix it free of charge!

cant beat that.

the most popular exhausts for the yzf.

Pro Circuit

Dr.d

Fmf 4.1

and MRD

No particular order.

my rocket slip on gave me way more power than my stock pipe. the only downside is that its really loud. maybe the slip-ons youve tried just suck.?

While this is true of most YZF's, it is not true of the '08-'09 models. Almost any replacement for the OEM muffler will add 4-5 hp at 5000 RPM, where the big soft spot is. Some slip-ons will add more than that, and a good full system will gain 7-8 in that same range. Very few of the best full systems, and no slip-on that I know of, will add much of anything significant to the peak on that bike, though.

Do try to pay some attention to how loud the thing is though, for the benefit of the sport. After all, noise and power are not necessarily connected.

my rocket slip on gave me way more power than my stock pipe. the only downside is that its really loud. maybe the slip-ons youve tried just suck.?

I didn't even bother with a slip on. I went with a full system.. Kinds had to since my header was smashed from a dirt sample..

But all my references are for the 06-07 models.. Were lil to nothing is gained from a slip on.

Personal if I'm already dripping major coin for a slip on might as well drop alil more for the header...

prociruit and a couple others out there are making 94db slip ons that are probably quiet and add some good boost in that soft spot for those bikes. how loud the pipe is should be a concern when everyone buys a pipe. its killing are sport. now a days people are just looking for any reason to shut us down. back in the day EPA making a big concern about 2-stroke cause of emissions. now most of us are on 4-strokes now they complain about noise. people are going to look for anything because they just hate on are sport. so noise should be a big concern on a pipe choice when we buy one. besides unless your out there trying to qualify for an outdoor national I can probably say that bone stock 450 has plenty of power.