HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boostedbenz

YZF426 speed question

12 posts in this topic

if anyone knows (maybe it's in the manual??)

What is the top speed of each gear?? Since I ride in places that have 5 - 10 & 15 mph speed limits I'm wondering what 2nd gear tops out at?

1st gear will take you to 40mph?!?!

With stock gearing, very good traction, run out to 10,500, yes it will.

With stock gearing, very good traction, run out to 10,500, yes it will.

Yeah, 1st gear on MX trannies are taller than their off-road counterparts.

I'll bet 1st on my 450F goes even faster than my old 400F, at least it feels like it's geared taller in 1st.

Slightly off-topic; want a fast 1st gear? . . . my 6-speed Gixxer thou actually touches 100mph in 1st according to magazine test guys with radar gun!!!!! they said stock gearing is a bit tall.;-)

want a fast 1st gear? . . . my 6-speed Gixxer thou actually touches 100mph in 1st according to magazine test guys with radar gun!!!!! they said stock gearing is a bit tall.;-)
The R1 tops at 102 in first, too.

Did you see Stewart hit neutral in the St. Louis supercross? I thought those guys

never got into 1st. 1st seems so low...

You can get neutral between any two gears, but only if you're trying not to.

Especially on a Yamaha! I hated my gearbox on the '06 YZ450F. I talked to my

buddy who has a 2000 YZ250 and he said his gearbox sucks, too.

Stewart said in the post interview that he accidentally hit neutral. I'm assuming

he didn't hit a phantom gear

I use a gps when I ride works for me

I just used my TomTom on my bike yesterday lol.. I got it going 86mph! :thumbsup: I've had it rebuilt and has the following installed

MY SM/MX bike YZ426FM Stage 1 Hot Cams (Intake & Exhaust ); 13:5:1 High comp Wiseco piston; K&N Air Filter; FMF Stainless powerbomb header; FMF Powercore 4 Slip on; Wirtz Quickshot accel pump cover; Fluidyne Radiators; Devol Rad braces; Renthal Twinwalls/Pro Taper: Pastrana FMX; Pro Taper Triple Clamp; Kayaba Pro Forks ; EKC Blue O-ring chain; JT Steel sprocks 15/48 12/48