HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FastGM500

New Member With 02 YZ 426 Fuel and Plastics ?'s

5 posts in this topic

I just bought an 02 YZ426F today!! It is a very awsome bike, even though I have only ridden it in small 1 acre yard for about an hour.

I was looking for plastic kits and none were listed for the 02 model. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a complete platics kit from. What type of fuel do I need to run in it? The previous owner used a 50-50 mix of VP 10 race fuel and 93 octane. Would 93 octane by itself be fine? The race fuel mix smells good :thumbsup:

I have a hard time keeping the wheel on the ground!

I just bought an 02 YZ426F today!! It is a very awsome bike, even though I have only ridden it in small 1 acre yard for about an hour.

I was looking for plastic kits and none were listed for the 02 model. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a complete platics kit from. What type of fuel do I need to run in it? The previous owner used a 50-50 mix of VP 10 race fuel and 93 octane. Would 93 octane by itself be fine? The race fuel mix smells good :thumbsup:

I have a hard time keeping the wheel on the ground!

I got UFO plastics for my 01. You are better off just buying each plastic separate for these older bikes. It cost me $270 at my local shop with 20% off discount. Few people in the forum run ace gas. Your best bet is to just run chevron/76 premium. Not cheap stuff like valero or arco. Have fun, I love mine and would never give it up.

$270?!

I bought the box set of UFO plastics for my 03 450 and it was 118 shipped. They all fit fine.

Not doubting you, just curious as to your reasoning?

I just run whatever 91/93 octane is the closest. Never had any pinging.

$270?!

I bought the box set of UFO plastics for my 03 450 and it was 118 shipped. They all fit fine.

Not doubting you, just curious as to your reasoning?

I just run whatever 91/93 octane is the closest. Never had any pinging.

I got UFO plastics for my 01. You are better off just buying each plastic separate for these older bikes. It cost me $270 at my local shop with 20% off discount. Few people in the forum run ace gas. Your best bet is to just run chevron/76 premium. Not cheap stuff like valero or arco. Have fun, I love mine and would never give it up.

The only plastics I could find in a kit are 03-05 model from Acerbis and Polisports its like $125 I can buy them seperatley but I think that would cost a little more than getting a kit.