New Member With 02 YZ 426 Fuel and Plastics ?'s

I just bought an 02 YZ426F today!! It is a very awsome bike, even though I have only ridden it in small 1 acre yard for about an hour.

I was looking for plastic kits and none were listed for the 02 model. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a complete platics kit from. What type of fuel do I need to run in it? The previous owner used a 50-50 mix of VP 10 race fuel and 93 octane. Would 93 octane by itself be fine? The race fuel mix smells good :thumbsup:

I have a hard time keeping the wheel on the ground!

I just bought an 02 YZ426F today!! It is a very awsome bike, even though I have only ridden it in small 1 acre yard for about an hour.

I was looking for plastic kits and none were listed for the 02 model. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a complete platics kit from. What type of fuel do I need to run in it? The previous owner used a 50-50 mix of VP 10 race fuel and 93 octane. Would 93 octane by itself be fine? The race fuel mix smells good :thumbsup:

I have a hard time keeping the wheel on the ground!

I got UFO plastics for my 01. You are better off just buying each plastic separate for these older bikes. It cost me $270 at my local shop with 20% off discount. Few people in the forum run ace gas. Your best bet is to just run chevron/76 premium. Not cheap stuff like valero or arco. Have fun, I love mine and would never give it up.

$270?!

I bought the box set of UFO plastics for my 03 450 and it was 118 shipped. They all fit fine.

Not doubting you, just curious as to your reasoning?

I just run whatever 91/93 octane is the closest. Never had any pinging.

$270?!

I bought the box set of UFO plastics for my 03 450 and it was 118 shipped. They all fit fine.

Not doubting you, just curious as to your reasoning?

I just run whatever 91/93 octane is the closest. Never had any pinging.

I got UFO plastics for my 01. You are better off just buying each plastic separate for these older bikes. It cost me $270 at my local shop with 20% off discount. Few people in the forum run ace gas. Your best bet is to just run chevron/76 premium. Not cheap stuff like valero or arco. Have fun, I love mine and would never give it up.

The only plastics I could find in a kit are 03-05 model from Acerbis and Polisports its like $125 I can buy them seperatley but I think that would cost a little more than getting a kit.

I got a UFO kit off ebay