yz400f questions

Okay I got a yz400f, now a few questions, mine is a yz and it had a dual sport kit which is currently in a box, but I will be reinstalling it. Anyway it came with many extra parts. It came with an extra airbox, the one that is in it has a green electrical box with a few wires hooked to it, I am assuming this is a WR airbox? Are the yz and the WR airboxes the same size? In other words will the yz airbox fit in the subframe if it is a wr subframe?

Also it has a wr rear fender, will a yz bolt right up? I want to use a yz fender as I will be using a LED taillight.

also what is the stock gearing on the yz400f?

I have a wr400f and had a YZ rear fender on it so I would assume it would work the other way also.

14/49 stock

i belive the gearing is 14/59

i belive the gearing is 14/59
Well, everyone has to believe something.

It's not.

Might want to see if a WR 426 stator is in that thing or lights will be dim as crap... Should be an extra yellow wire coming out of the case. Thats why mine isnt converted cause i couldnt find a cheap stator/ flywheel.

The early WR and YZF air boxes are the same except that the WR had a top cover and snorkel bolted to it and the YZ did not. If you remove the cover, it becomes a YZF air box.

the stator that is in there has a yellow wire and a extra white wire comming out next to the conector, my guess is they did mod a WR stator and these are the hot leeds for the DS kit

the stator that is in there has a yellow wire and a extra white wire comming out next to the conector, my guess is they did mod a WR stator and these are the hot leeds for the DS kit

Sounds right. Typically, to run DC for turn signals and such you float the ground on a WR lighting coil. The green box with wires coming from it may be either a voltage regulator (4 or 5 wires) or a NiCAd battery (2 wires). If the kit was a Baja Designs kit, both the battery and regulator are located in the airbox.

I don't know what the wireing is because it has a Electrosport kit which is self contained, everything is in the headlight.

The early WR and YZF air boxes are the same except that the WR had a top cover and snorkel bolted to it and the YZ did not. If you remove the cover, it becomes a YZF air box.

I was wondering about that, my box has screw holes and everything... There is a piece of rubber zip tied to the top that covers about half of the opening towards the rear of the bike... I wasnt really sure so I just left it.