Edelbrock issue maybe?

Installed new carb; worked awesome for 30minutes. Bike started surging, now it will idle and run at WOT only, w/ minor smoke,unrideable. I corrected 2 small exhaust leaks. 1/4-3/4 throttle does wild pump surges. I noticed that the accelerator pump adjustment screw had worked itself loose to 3 or 4 turns; I returned it to the factory setting, still crazy rpm surges. Could something inside the accelerator pump fallen off with the extra turns of the screw? Or could the whole motor happen to have grenaded

Installed new carb; worked awesome for 30minutes. Bike started surging, now it will idle and run at WOT only, w/ minor smoke,unrideable. I corrected 2 small exhaust leaks. 1/4-3/4 throttle does wild pump surges. I noticed that the accelerator pump adjustment screw had worked itself loose to 3 or 4 turns; I returned it to the factory setting, still crazy rpm surges. Could something inside the accelerator pump fallen off with the extra turns of the screw? Or could the whole motor happen to have grenaded

Which needle are you using, and how many turns out?

K-7 12 clicks/ oops just fixed it. the needle adjuster assembly was loose. Added locktite to the outer threads; back to works fine