HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Van Deiman's Land

6 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if any of you ozzies know where to get a book that has been published about riding around Tasmainia on mostly dirt tracks and including some beaches. I'm planning to do the ride in early March and would love to get my hands on this book.As it will be my first long distance ride so any help would be appreciated.

1 person likes this

perhaps try the Tasmanian Government Tourist Bureau. I've heard that the department that looks after the state parks actually sign post some tracks as recommended for bike riding.

Got it at last! I tried everywhere but good old Australian Dirt Bike Magazine came through with the goods and gave me the contact number for Service Tasmania. From what I heard it sounds like an awesome ride through some of the prettiest landscapes and beaches in the world. You dont even need a registered bike or rec vehicle as for a small fee you are granted temp registration for your trip. I head off at the end of Melb Grand Prix for two weeks and I am already counting down the days to my adventure.

I came,

I saw,

I rode..

Tasmania, you know the place, the small little state that everyone leaves off the map, home to Yahoo Serious and extinct tigers. Has anyone ever mentioned the completely arse kicking riding?? There is so much that you only have to drive down a dirt road a couple of meters before finding a track and you have just got your self three days of riding on pristine tracks. Or if riding on 30m sand dunes is more to your liking just head on down the beach at 140km's to you get there, what was that you brought yor motard rims with you? then you better take all those hairpin bends sideways, I reckon that there is more bends in Tassie than there is in the whole of the mainland put together.

As you have might of guessed I had an absolute ball over there (I have to get back there) did about 1600k's now all I have to do is:

adjust valves

oil change

two tires

wheel bearings

remove all lights

sprockets

front and rear brake pads

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

:):D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D