Canadian WR450F in SoCal

My Canadian WR450F just arrived today here in S.

Calif. Can't wait to ride it! I had the dealer check the flywheel torque before they shipped it. The stock pipe does not have a spark arrestor on it, and is welded at the end, so I cannot put a Promoto billet on it. Anyone got any ideas before I spring for an FMF Q pipe?

G.A. Checkpoint in Port Moody BC. I live in Calif. Bought the bike from CA to avoid problems with getting a license plate for it after I put a lighting kit on. Did you have any problems with yours yet? The multi-national manual is kinda hard to read.

Hey GSXR guy,

How did you work the CA state taxes thing? How much did you tell the DMV you bought the bike for? Did the want to see the bike? Did you tell them you bought it used?

I also have the Can. bike - have yet to register it.

Thanks, Bud

Haven't done anything yet. Still researching what to do with the DMV after I dual sport it. May take it to Arizona. I have heard that lately some guys are starting to hear from the state of calif AFTER being issued a valid license. Still collecting data. What a hassle. Are you going to try for a green sticker? Also, did you modify the throttle stop or air box yet??

made my own d sport kit. wr allready comes with two filliment bulbs, picked up switch gear"DT200" from a wrecker. got brake light switch from baja d. flush mount signals. A flasher relay from a gsxr, a littel wire and and a trail teck speedo.A coupel of led'd with resisters for idicator lights and a horn from the wrecker.

Thanks PeakRider

I have hear that the DMV is starting to send requests for EPA reports in the mail after issuing stickers and license plates. I called the AAA club and the CHP. They don't know anything about it. Time will tell. I am going the Arizona route for now.