HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minty0_10

power bomb pipe

6 posts in this topic

use i o5 450 for green laning just wondering if its worth me fitting a power bomb front pipe?

how much of a difference will i notice :thumbsup:

Absolutely no difference in performance. I have one and can tell you for sure.

What you will notice however, is the cost of the bill for replacing that header pipe once you dent it.

Save your money.

Absolutely no difference in performance. I have one and can tell you for sure.

I must agree with mauricedorris on this one. I felt no seat-of-the-pants difference when I fitted mine either.

Mind you, I suspect that a dynograph would tell a different story, why else would the pros be using them? (Ok, maybe because they are sponsored by the pipe company, but the jury is out on that one.)

From my experience a Powerbomb header won't transform your bike's performance, but bling-wise they are worth their weight in gold! :thumbsup:

Greg

Not to forget, they also burn holes in your pants.

Aftermarket, yes. The OEM YZ450F powerbomb header doesn't though.

The heat guard is in the same position as a non-powerbomb item, ie. it doesn't poke out any further.

My advice: If you can find a cheap one, buy it. If you can't then forget it. Don't pay retail for one.

I got a complete, new, '09 YZ450F system for $Aus120 (about $US80) off eBay.

Shop around and bide your time.

Greg