120/90-19 vs 110/90-19

I'm looking at replacing the back tire on my '02 YZ426...wanting to go with the Bridgestone M602. Right now it has a Dunlop 739 that is almost worn out. My question is, I've come across a 120/90-19 for cheap, brand new, never been on a bike. What is the pro's and con's to using a wider tire like this compared to the 110? Will I notice a big drop in power loss, or will it just give me more of a footprint? I've also came across a 110/80-19....should I be scared of having a tire with that low of a profile?

:)

Just looking for some info...

Not sure on the 110/80 but I personally don't like 120/90 they are only mariginally wider but I don't like the way they turn and I didn't notice any difference in traction.

Not sure on the 110/80 but I personally don't like 120/90 they are only mariginally wider but I don't like the way they turn and I didn't notice any difference in traction.

Well the bike can already be a handful to whip around in the tight trails, which I rarely see, but still don't want to make the situation any worse. I mostly stay to single track or MX. Anybody else wanna give me their .02?

Don't confuse the newer 120/80x19's with a 120/90x19.

The 120/80's are a little wider, but have a lower aspect ratio, so the tire is about the same height and weight as a 110/90. They can be considered more or less interchangeable.

120/90's are both wider and taller, and thus, heavier. I tried a 120/90 Maxxis IT back when I used to run those tires in 110/90, and I did not really notice that the tire had significantly better traction under any condition, but I did feel the weight while turning, jumping, etc. They do provide a little better rock protection, of course.

Personally, I don't care for them.

Don't confuse the newer 120/80x19's with a 120/90x19.

The 120/80's are a little wider, but have a lower aspect ratio, so the tire is about the same height and weight as a 110/90. They can be considered more or less interchangeable.

120/90's are both wider and taller, and thus, heavier. I tried a 120/90 Maxxis IT back when I used to run those tires in 110/90, and I did not really notice that the tire had significantly better traction under any condition, but I did feel the weight while turning, jumping, etc. They do provide a little better rock protection, of course.

Personally, I don't care for them.

Ok. Well maybe I'll try the M602 in the 120/80-19 then. What's the worse thing that'll happen...I wont like it and have to change it out??? Thanks for the info! :)

I run the Maxxis desert 120/90/19's on mine just cause I wanted a slightly wider tire and can't tell the difference and haven't had any problems with it? It's a little tighter trying to slide it past the brake housing when I'm changing the tire though.