Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hender64

whats the best year for the 450?

9 posts in this topic

i currently have a 05 125 and a 05 250 both two stroke, now looking for the next step up. done some research and from what i've read the 06-07 doesn't seem like a bad choice. any other suggestions for the right year or at least the years to stay away from. id like an 05 of newer pref. newer. thanks

I'd stick with an '06 or newer since they are the newest generation. Aluminum framed and they went back to the five speed gearbox.

I'd stick with an '06 or newer since they are the newest generation. Aluminum framed and they went back to the five speed gearbox.

I agree! The AF bikes seem to be less top heavy feeling than the steelies, and the KYB SSS forks that they newer bikes come with are amazing IMO. But I must agree that the biggest benefit for a person who does things other than MX is the 5 speed gearbox. The 4 speed box worked great on a track, but it really isnt too versatile for other uses withot changing your gearing often for different riding areas.

i currently have a 05 125 and a 05 250 both two stroke, now looking for the next step up. done some research and from what i've read the 06-07 doesn't seem like a bad choice. any other suggestions for the right year or at least the years to stay away from. id like an 05 of newer pref. newer. thanks

I've had a 2006 a 2008 and 2009, and I like the 2009 the best. I liked the 2008 much better than the 2006. The 06 doesn't like to turn.

I like the 06, but go with what your pocket book can afford. Try to find a used one with a bunch of add ons. Try to save your self some money in the add on department. Just my two cents.

I have A 06 awesome bike no problems and with a few little tweaks it turn better all yz's to date (2006)

there are gradual improvements 06 to 09 no one seems to like the new mufflers though.Love my 07