New style headlight better than the old style?

I need a new headlight assembly for my recently purchased 03. I was looking at an online microfiche and see the price for the newer style (07 on) assemblies are only $17.00 more. Are there any advantages to the newer style? Also, does anyone know if the connector would be the same?

In a night ride last friday, I found that the old style light assembly is MUCH better than the newer one!! Bright and wide beam, with the standard lamp. The newer WR ('08) and a KLX450 with similar light were very poor..... I ride a 06...

In a night ride last friday, I found that the old style light assembly is MUCH better than the newer one!! Bright and wide beam, with the standard lamp. The newer WR ('08) and a KLX450 with similar light were very poor..... I ride a 06...

Thanks for the feedback. You make me feel a lot better about what I just did; I just bought a stocker from another member :)

BTW, KTM standard lighting is poor also....

100_1213.jpg

100_1217.jpg

Greetings!!

The bulb for the head light is a hi / low beam. I bought a switch assembly for a YFZ 450 on e-bay that has on /off,start and off/hi/low for the light. Did away with my on / of switch and can now turn my lights off too