Tire Rubbing On Pipe

Last night I got a near mint 07' yz450f. It has the FMF Speed full exhaust system installed. The inside of the pipe looks terrible. The tire has rubbed on suspension bottoming out. Is there any remedy for this. The previous owner says he never adjusted rear sag, it is very soft. The nuts are in the middle. I weigh 250lbs so I will be stiffening it up big time. Should I space it away a bit from the mounting bracket, or will this melt my number plate? Suggestions anyone?? Thanks

If your going to space it away an your worried about melting your number plate, put heat tape on the underside of it next to where the pipe goes.

Good call, just like in my sled. Never thought of that. Thanks

If the pipe is new (i.e. not bent towards the tire), then either your subframe is bent or your wheel is offset too far towards the pipe. If your wheel has never been taken apart and relaced then odds are the wheel is not offset towards the pipe.

If the pipe is new (i.e. not bent towards the tire), then either your subframe is bent or your wheel is offset too far towards the pipe. If your wheel has never been taken apart and relaced then odds are the wheel is not offset towards the pipe.
Or, the pipe hanger is bent. The suspension isn't necessarily bottoming out if this happens, BTW.

Or, the pipe hanger is bent. The suspension isn't necessarily bottoming out if this happens, BTW.

I said if the pipe is new and not bent. The most common cause of the tire rubbing the exhaust is the pipe being bent towards the tire, but sometimes there are other causes as well.

Related to that is the errors made by the owner in installing the pipe, too. Some FMF pipes, as well as others, have a spacer that's supposed to be installed between the sub and the hanger. A clue to this having gone missing is that the pipe appears to angle inward as it runs to the rear, and the tire contact may appear worse toward the rear of the pipe.

Bingo, tire's not straight on the swingarm. I never would have thought that someone would have been dumb enough to let it rub without checking that. Moron. Going through the bike tonight with an ex mx racing buddy.