Where to get shim adjusting pads?

I have a 99 YZ400F, I'm installing an auto-decomp cam in it so I will need to re-shim the valves. The TT store has individual shims for about $5 ea. I don't know what size I will need yet and I'd rather not have to wait for parts to show up after I've disassembled the engine. Is there a kit available that has a bunch of different size shims?

i just did mine and went to my local shop and got my shims there. they let me buy the ones i thought i needed and return the ones that didnt work out. saved me money. also you may be already doing this but i would suggest going ahead and installing a new timing chain while you are in there. i did my shims then found out i needed a new timing chain after and had to go back in. hope this helps

Second that. You'll never need all the shims you'd get in a shim kit (I'm guessing) through the life of your bike. And as Birdy says, a lot of dealers either do a clean swap, or in my case, they charged me half price with an exchange. Most dealers would have every size you'd ever need as well, so there's no waiting around for stuff to arrive.

Shouldn't have to change them that often anyway - bulletproof motors.

They should be 9.48mm diameter shims. Here's a source for the full Hot Cams kits and for the individual refill packs:

http://www.procycle-online.com/hotcams/valve_shims.htm

Here's a valve shim/maintenance log program I put together that will calculate the required shims and provide part numbers for the shims from Honda, Yamaha and Hot Cams.

Striped Ape Racing Valve Shim Calculator Ver. 09.zip